Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"Wow, another mouth-breather with astigmatism and bad posture that digs comic books!"

So, the Phoenix Comicon was this weekend, and it was an unqualified success. I'm very happy with how it came out. I was a 'guest coordinator', which meant that I spent the entire time waiting hand and foot on all of the guests in attendance. It was awesome. I got so much one-on-one time with our guests (i.e. Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Josh Middleton, Ron Garney, Armand Villavert, Josh Blaylock, Bret Blevins, Nat Jones and more) that they knew me by name. These are people who see mouth-breathing fanboys on an almost daily basis, but they knew me. and they were all REALLY COOL people. *Geek Moment* It was cool. On Monday morning, I took Ron Garney, Tim Seely and Josh Blaylock to the airport in my car. MY CAR. It was really cool just talking to these guys about normal stuff and not comic stuff (you won't believe the shit we talked about... two words: Werewolf Beavers, 'nuff said).
I didn't get to spend any time at panels, tho. That was sad. :( I got a ton of free sketches and a couple of paid ones. I got a paid one at san diego, too, but these were SOOO much cooler. Maybe I'll scan them and show them off.

Sorry, no new art to show this week, let's see what I can dig out of my photobucke account.


Halloween's just around the corner! These are some illustrations I did for a greeting card line that I'm working on. I think they are pretty cool.

see ya next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home