Monday, May 22, 2006

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. - Frank Lloyd Wright

So, recently I obtained a digital camera. I like it so far. It's a little Kodak Easyshare, nothing fancy. But, it does take nice pictures. So, I figured I'd share.
Here are some pictures that I shot while at the Phoenix Zoo.









Prairie Dogs! When I was growing up in Colorado, these little guys were everywhere. It's funny to think that animals that were so seemingly common in one place would be in a zoo in a different place.











This White Rhino was getting her checkup. Apparently, she'd undergone eye surgery the week previous. Such a huge, lumbering creature, but even in a diminshed state, she still had an air of dignity that we humans couldn't dim. Such an amazing animal.











The Arizona state bird: the Cactus Wren. This was shot by my wife, Ashlie. It's always amused me that animals from the same ecological area will look similar in their plumage. This bird has very similar markings as the roadrunner, another North American desert bird. Evolution in progress, I suppose.










This Cheetah was fun. She kept getting into the moat, attacking the turtles, grabbing sticks to chew on and hissing at a plastic water bottle some idiot had thrown in her paddock. Seems she wasn't real keen on people trashing up her area, even in captivity.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger morealyera said...

psst... mail me the cheetah! ;)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Dane said...

i'll get right on that! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home