Saturday, June 17, 2006

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Thanks for coming back. If, indeed, you are coming back. If not, I suppose thanks for coming by. Or not. Whichever the case may warrant. I can't figure out how to use the fershlugginer counters so, I don't know if anyone is reading this at all.

Anywho... So, the president. Yeah. What a douche. Yep, I said douche. Him and his 'New American Century' Cabal. Recently, Mr. Bush made another attempt to pass the Gay Marriage Ban. Probably the worst part of this to me is that, he doesn't even give a shit about gays. It's pure politics. His party needs something to unify the base and since no one likes the war anymore, and running around like Chicken Little, screaming "Terrorism! Jihadists! Muslims! Oh NOES!!!1!1!" isn't doing it. So, he decides that after 2 years of ignoring gay marriage pretty much altogether, let's do that banning thing again. It's bullshit. I'm so tired of these Neo-Con bigots running this country into the ground. It kills me that POLITICIANS are gonna try and govern us by MORALS & RELIGION. Politics, morals & religion are three words that should never EVER go together in the same sentence. Once you start imposing your values and beleifs on other people, you begin a slippery slope towards totalitarian rule.
I guess what really chaps my ass is that people keep placing these people in power. And I don't mean the electorate. I mean the guys with real power. The people that, given the proper motivation, can hand a candidate an election. And no one gives a shit. It just galls me. Thoughts? Opinions? Put 'em down in the comment section.

It's art time!
Well, tomorrow's Father's Day. I'm not a father, but I do have one. So, Dad if you read this, Happy Father's Day. You're ugly, you smell funny, and you're short, but I love ya.
The pic today was gonna be a father's day card for my dad, but I never finished it. Sorry, dad. The character is Monty the Mallard. He was created by my grandfather a long time ago, and now, I've kind of adopted him. Hope you like it.

6 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger morealyera said...

Hi Monty!!!
(((HUGS)))

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So yeah, I'm a self proclaimed right-wing nut job. I tend to agree that marriage should be a man and a woman, BUT (<---notice a big but there) I think that the idea of civil union is more appropriate. Not just for gay marriage, but for all marriage...this is simply a contract between two people aligning there assets together as if they were one person. I think all people that are in straight marriages should also be getting civil union contracts. People taking care of elderly, their parents, or disabled should be able to enter these contracts. The marriage part is a sacrament of the church, and should stay there. For a homosexual to get married in a church and seek a holy union, you'll need to find a church that is accepting of that. But I will say that it is rightfully labelled as sin in the Bible, if you hold this book in reverence you should recognize this. But know that all men sin, there shouldn't be a special stigma to the homosexual community. So in closing...1. yes I do see homosexuality as wrong, and sinful, but I do not want to make it a 'special' or elevated sin. 2. People want the church out of government, well the govt should also state out of the church. Marriage is for churches civil unions are for the govt. 3. People that believe homosexuality is wrong are not racist or bigots, they are in line with a system of beliefs that is 5000 years old. It is there freedom to worship as they please, don't sue for discrimination if they say no to marrying you. It's their right, and their call.

Hope I haven't angered anyone, but I think the seperation of these powers is important...and Dane your right the pres is pandering to the right, but believe me...I'm not fooled.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well thats the misunderstanding the book doesnt justify bigotry, it condems the act as a sin. Just as is every other sin condemned, the thing is that a lot of Christians are trying to convert people to being straight before accepting them amongst the fellowship of believers, instead they should be welcome into the church and like everyone else...work out their sinful nature.

lol I'm preaching arent i, sorry :P

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Dane said...

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but even if I were a christian, I'd have real issues believing in a God that was intolerant and prejudicial. I thought Jesus preached tolerance and "doing unto others."

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger morealyera said...

have I mentioned, Dane, that I love the quotes you use to introduce your posts?

anyway, ok my turn. ;)

As a lifelong Christian, and also an open minded person (no, it's not a contradiction!) I'd love to chime in here.

I could go on for hours about religions, but I will be brief. I have studied many different religions over the years, for the record, and "chose" mine because it rang true to me.

The biggest obstacle that Christianity as a whole seems to face is that many of the most vocal "supporters" are the ones who have the most off-the-wall views you can imagine. The "Christians" who make the news typically get attention because their behavior is NOT normal.

There is a lot of hypocrisy in religions, but please don't think that this makes all religious people hypocrites.

The Bible teaches predominantly that God is love, just, fair, wise and merciful. In the interests of fairness, please do not judge God based on the actions of everyone who claims to follow him. I look at some 'Christians' like some of the "fans" that follow celebrities around, saying and doing things that the celebrity himself would not endorse.

Think of it this way, though: if we, as imperfect, occasionally jealous, sometimes petty, often confused people extend love and mercy to others - even others who have caused us pain - how much more would a supreme being with a perfect sense of fairness? God's qualities are the best qualities of the human race, but without flaw. I am sure that prejudice makes God sicker than it makes US.

I'll quit here for now... but if you ever feel like a theological discussion, you know where to find me. ;)

So long as everyone involved can be respectful and agree to disagree, these can be very interesting discussions.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Dane said...

I was just making judgements on those people who claim to follow the word of God, but do things that are COMPLETELY antithetical to that ideal. I completely agree with your assessment on the nature of prejudice. Believe what you want to believe. Just don't try to justify hatred, is all i'm saying. (not that I'm saying you ARE, BTW) I *think* that having your own religious beliefs is still provided for in the constitution (for now, anyway...).

Anyway, how did we get onto religion? :P This was originally about how our president and his extreme, right-wing, neo-con, nut-job cabal was screwing up our country. I just hope we get it right (left? ;p) next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home