Sunday, November 05, 2006

I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts. - Bill Clinton

Hidey-Ho! Welcome back. I know I promised to unravel the mysteries of pie this time, but I can't. It's flaky, crusty, filled to the brim with all manner of fruity goodness is unfathomable by the human mind. I have failed.

On to today's quote. By the last legally elected American President. Why is this relevant you ask? Well, because this past week, I had the opportunity to listen to this man speak. He hasn't lost his shine. Charming, homey, polite and downright charismatic, he was and still is the epitome of Presidential. He was in town at ASU to stump for Congressional candidates Harry Mitchell and Jim Pederson. His speaking skills far overshadowed the guys he was here for, tho. But, Jim used that to his advantage, and kept his speech short. Everyone else, sadly, didn't. Oh well. I wasn't there for them anyway. If it weren't for the small technicality that Clintonisn't running for anything, I'd vote for him.

It struck me to think that most of the kids he was speaking to probably couldn't remember his first election. I was in 6th grade, but I remember. But they were as rabid for him as any lifelong Democrat. You'll see it in the video. I took two videos of the speech, forgive the shakiness, but I was holding the camera up by hand, and trying to hold it above the crowd. Unfortunately, one video is too long, so I'll have edit it down before I can show you. Here's one video, tho.



No art today. I don't have any new art to show. Sorry. That's all for this installment. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

D

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Balou said...

He's a wonderful speaker. What a cool opportunity to see him.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Nerf-Herders Anonymous said...

He is a very good speaker. I recall seeing him when he came to Santa Barbara some years back, amazing. I even shook the man's hand. I wish he'd make a visit to the desert.
Thanks for the video!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home